Click and Repeat is looking for a writer to create written content for Click and Repeat’s clients on a per-project basis, strong understanding of dog training nerdiness required. This position will likely be 1-3 hours a week, with potential to grow.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) writing blog posts and email content, talking to clients, and collecting information from their websites, etc. The right candidate may also create social media content for clients, related to their writing.
The position may also require working with additional outside contractors.
An ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and strong time management skills are critical to this role. We will train the right candidate on marketing specific aspects required for this position, however a strong understanding of training and good writing skills are required.
The position will include paid opportunities for training to advance the individual’s understanding of marketing and improve their skills.
The Writer will be Responsible for…
- Reviewing interview transcripts and mining them for content
- Interviewing clients directly to learn more on their approach and ability to incorporate that into the written piece
- Learning/writing in a web-friendly style (we will teach this, if needed, for the right candidate)
- Tracking your time and budgeting time appropriately to meet assigned deadlines
- And other tasks, as needed and agreed upon.
- Blogging experience and be able to submit writing samples upon request
- Familiar with Gsuite, including Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Ability to take feedback and incorporate that feedback for future pieces
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- A good internet connection and your own laptop computer
Desired Skills (“Nice to have”)
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with email marketing programs (GetResponse, ConvertKit, etc)
- Experience in marketing
- Degree in marketing, advertising or related field
Ideal candidates will also have a genuine interest in marketing for dog training businesses and writing.
Starting at $30/hour, but dependent on experience and negotiable.
Send your cover letter and resume via email to Melissa Breau at email@example.com. Please include “Writing Job” in the subject line.